Dr. Neil G. Cuadra
- is a former Palms parent.
- is a Friends of Palms board member.
- has been chair of the Palms Technology Committee since 1994.
- helped set up the Palms computer classroom.
- created the Palms website in 2010.
- has been the Palms webmaster since 2010.
- has been a volunteer for LAUSD schools since 1987 and for Palms since 1994.
- is a fan of April Fools' Day.
Palms Technology Committee
The Palms Technology Committee
- advises Palms administrators and Friends of Palms on matters of technology
- helps with technology planning for classrooms, the Computer Lab, the Library, and the campus as a whole
- identifies issues and solutions
- does research when technology purchases are planned
- helps manage the school website
Some committee members have also helped with installation, setup, and configuration of campus computers and provided website assistance to teachers.
Committee members conduct their discussions by email. Committee members are parents, teachers, and the Palms Assistant Principal in charge of technology. The Committee benefits from these multiple points of view.
If you have questions about technology at school or would like to help Palms with its technology, contact Friends of Palms.
Computer Science For All
The White House Computer Science For All initiative seeks to "empower all American students from kindergarten through high school to learn computer science and be equipped with the computational thinking skills they need to be creators in the digital economy, not just consumers, and to be active citizens in our technology-driven world."
Palms Middle School is a computer technology leader, with its iPad program, teachers who have integrated computers, apps, and use of the Internet into their teaching methods, a modern computer lab and library computers, and an after-school coding club.