Back to School Night, typically held during the third week of school in the fall, lets parents meet their child's teachers.
Thursday September 15, 2016
Note: Students should not come to Back to School Night.
Parents begin in their child's homeroom (see campus map), where they pick up his/her program. Parents then follow their child's program by going to each classroom, where the teacher explains the goals and expectations for that class.
Parents have 10 minutes in each classroom and 6 minutes to get from one class to the next -- the same time between classes that Palms students have.
In addition to visiting classrooms, you can:
- Visit Hot Dog on A Stick and Kona Shaved Ice food trucks in the quad area from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
- View the Emergency Preparedness displays prepared by our students, in the main building downstairs hallway.
- Use the computers in the Library to submit your Meal Application at myschoolapps.com. Every Palms family should do this in September. It takes only a few minutes.
- Stop by the the Book Fair from 4:00pm to 9:00pm in the Library. Buy books for your family or for teachers who have made specific requests.
- Sign up students and parents for a free library card from the Los Angeles Public Library. Staff from the Palms-Rancho Park Branch will be in the quad to help you.
- Stop by Mr. Nicholson's classroom (room 197 in the main building) just before 6:00pm or just after 8:00pm if you have questions about the Eighth Grade East Coast Trip.
Your program will look as follows, with the rooms, subjects, and teacher names filled in: