From the PTSA President
Read the Palms PTSA Welcome Message!
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation. PTA provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child.
The Palms Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is open to all Palms parents, students, silbings, and other family and community members.
Combined FOP/PTSA meetings are held monthly, usually on the second Tuesday of the month, at 6:00pm in the Library, with occasional meetings in the morning. FOP/PTSA meetings are one of the best ways to find out what is happening at Palms, hear from school administrators and guest speakers, get involved in your choice of activities, and to make sure your voice is heard.
Who should join PTSA?
PTSA memberships are for individuals. The goal of our membership drive is to have everyone in the Palms community join.
Mom should join PTSA. Dad should join PTSA. Each student in your family should join PTSA. Grandparents, aunts, and uncles can join too. Every dollar supports our mission to help children at Palms, in California, and all over the U.S.A.
Palms teachers join PTSA too!
Parents, student, relatives, friends, corporate sponsors -- anyone can become a member of PTSA.
Pay $10 membership dues per person (for Mom, for Dad, for students and other families) by cash or check/money order payable to Palms PTSA.
During the PTSA Membership Drive
- Put $10.00 per person in the white PTSA envelope that came in your Orientation Packet, and fill out the information. Have your child return it to school.
Any time later during the school year
- Put $10.00 per person in an envelope. Label it PTSA and write your child's name and Home Room number on the envelope. Deliver it to the Main Office,
- Pick up a white PTSA envelope from the Main Office. Put $10.00 per person in the envelope, fill out the information, and deliver it to the Main Office.
Be sure to fill out all required information so each member of your family can receive his or her membership card.
What Your Dues Can Do
- Pay for new equipment for the school nurse's office
- Help fund our participation in the Reflections Art Contest and end-of-year show
- Buy materials for campus beautification days
- Help students whose families can't afford backpacks or school supplies
In our district:
- Fund music scholarships
- Help fund a medical clinic that provides checkups, immunizations, hearing tests, referrals for dental and vision services, and more for students and their siblings (1000 Venice Blvd., 213-763-8343)
- Support student dental and vision clinics
At the state and national levels:
- Support the PTA in lobbying legislators in Sacramento and on Capitol Hill and testifying on federal legislation affecting children and youth