Eighth Grade Culmination takes place in June at the end of the school year, as we recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of the students leaving Palms for high school.
During the ceremony, students receive their Certificate of Completion from their homeroom teacher. See the Eighth Grade Eligibility page for requirements.
Class of 2017 Culmination
Friday June 9, 2017
9:00am or 12:00 noon
The free ceremony is held in the auditorium (see campus map). Parents and families are invited but tickets are required.
There are two ceremonies, Culmination A and Culminations B. Check below to see which ceremony your child is in.
Parents may bring flowers but balloons and air-horns are NOT allowed.
Culmination Schedule 2017
Culmination ceremonies and their schedules depend on each student's homeroom teacher. (The homerooms are subject to change)
|Culmination A||Culmination B|
Aza, Catanzariti, Clark, Goldberg, Lam,
Martinez, Medved, Millet
Mullaney, Nicholson, Purdy, Solarz, Trachimowicz, Westhoff, Ynda
|Candidates report to the cafeteria (see Rules below)||June 9, 2017, no later than 8:00am||June 9, 2017, no later than 11:00am|
|Homeroom attendance taken in Cafeteria||8:00am||11:00am|
|Culmination begins in the auditorium||9:00am||12:00 noon|
Rules for Students
- Students need to be present during all scheduled rehearsals and stay for the entire rehearsal day.
- Extenuating circumstances will be considered by 8th grade coordinator and administrator but must be approved prior to the week of rehearsal.
- Students must wear their culmination gown to participate / (Culmination caps stay at home).
- No tassels, caps, corsage & leis , stoles, or other graduation regalia is allowed to be worn in the ceremony
- Students should not bring purses, cameras, hats/caps, yearbooks or other personal belongings to the cafeteria.
- Students who are inappropriately dressed will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
|Young Men||Young Ladies|
|Appropriate attire:||Comfortable slacks and shirt are most appropriate.
A suit or slacks with a sport jacket or sweater are also OK.
|Suits, skirts and blouses or appropriate dresses.
We suggest shoes with a moderate heel.
NO backless evening-type attire.