We are thrilled to have Palms parents volunteer for their school. There are many available volunteer opportunities and we invite you to fill out our Parent Volunteer Form to let us know how you'd like to help.
Rules for parent volunteers
Parent volunteers who provide services at school must meet requirements set by the State of California Health and Safety Code Section 121545, by LAUSD, and by Palms Middle School. This includes parents helping with the morning Drop-Off Lanes; helping in the Library or music room, providing lunchtime supervision, and volunteering in classrooms.
These procedures are for the safety of all Palms students, and your cooperation is appreciated!
- All volunteers must work under the supervision of the school administrator (the Principal or designee).
- Parent volunteers must submit a completed Volunteer Application and a Volunteer TB Form, signed by a physician, showing that they have a negative tuberculosis test. Download the forms below. Submit them to the Main Office.
- The administrator will complete the online application form after the parent submits the Volunteer Application and Volunteer TB Form and verify that the applicant is not on the Megan’s Law website.
- LAUSD will provide a name badge for the parent volunteer once the application has been approved.
- Any parent who volunteers at school for more than 16 hours per week will be required to be fingerprinted.
- Parent volunteers should keep copies of their applications. They must resubmit the Volunteer Application each school year but can resubmit a previous Volunteer TB Form result within 4 years of the TB test.
If you have questions about these requirements or procedures, please contact the Principal.